The Scientific Committee is a multidisciplinary group of Brazilian researchers that analyzes and disseminates scientific knowledge about early childhood development utilizing easily-understood language.
Established in 2011, the committee is currently composed of 25 volunteer professors from areas such as education, medicine, nursing, neuroscience, psychology, economics, urban planning, and public policies.
The starting point of the committee’s work is the identification of topics that have a significant impact and influence in the formulation of public practices and policies that guarantee the well-being of children and their families, especially the most vulnerable ones. From this research, the researchers publish periodic studies, called ‘Working Paper,’ which systematize an extensive analysis of the chosen subject, always using data and science as a basis. The result is a concise article that highlights the main concepts, findings, and recommendations to support managers in the formulation of programs and actions of public interest.
Learn more about all of the studies published so far:
- Working Paper 1: The Impact Of Early Childhood Development On Learning
- Working Paper 2: The Importance Of Family Bonding In Early Childhood
- Working Paper 3: Executive Functions And Early Childhood Development: Skills Needed For Autonomy
- Working Paper 4: Home Visit as a Strategy for Promoting Early Childhood Development and Parenting
- Working Paper 5: Impacts Of The Family Health Strategy And Challenges For Child Development
- Working Paper – Special Edition: Repercussions Of The COVID-19 Pandemic On Child Development
- Working Paper 6: The Neighborhood And The Full Development In Early Childhood
- Working Paper 7: Racism, Early Childhood Education And Early Childhood Development
- Working Paper 8: Quality Early Childhood Education
- Scientific Note On The Vaccination Of Children Against Covid-19
- Scientific Note: The Risks And Negative Effects Of Homeschooling On Child Development
The Committee is composed of the following professionals: